Thursday, January 8, 2009

The right thing!


Yesterday the dogs and I walked down to the school to walk home with the kids. It was the kids 3rd day at their new school. As I got closer to the school I could hear and see a gaggle of about 15 children playing as they were walking home. As I got closer I could see my three monkeys mingled with in the group. They were having the best time...throwing snowballs at each other...lots of giggling going on. I almost felt guilty that I had interrupted their fun. But it was also so exciting to see them adjusting so well!!! It was a total comformation that Steve and I have done the right thing. The kids have literally been happier than I have ever seen them (and they are generally really happy kids). I am so glad they are with us full time!

Side note: I am exhasuted!! I give a big shout out to moms who work full time! Being 100% in charge of things sucks it out of you...but working all day and then coming home to another job is exhausting! I need to remember to do things for myself.

5 comments:

Bridgette said...

I am so happy for you and Steve, how awesome that you can truly be a family fulltime! You will do a terrifc job, there is no doubt. As far as me time, make sure it is a priority, for it will make you all the better, in the long run. For those hectic days remember Calgon can always take you away!!!!Love ya girl.

Sally F said...

I think that would be quite a shock! I'm happy for you guys.

Angie said...

So true, So true....being a mom is a 24/7 job...on top of everything else.

Cindy said...

Hey woman!
Love your blog! So fun to read. Bridgette got me hooked up with reading it!

Tamie said...

hey lynds: i've done the full-time working-thing and taken care of hearth and home---it is no picnic. and even though dad helps, it mostly falls to mom to take care of it all.
i'm so happy that the kids have adjusted to your move so well---that can cause sleepless nights for parents.