Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Greatful!

Today I have such a thankful heart for my three little monkeys. You could not have convinced me 4 years ago that I would marry a man with 3 kids. Now I can't imagine it any other way. I can trully say that every moment in my life prepared me to be a mother to them. It was meant to be. I have not been myself lately due to lots of different medications I am on. Sometimes I feel like I am just too hard on them and I don't know if it's the meds talking or me :). A while back I decided to just let the little things go.....Currently I have a dirty kitchen floor, I have wet laundry sitting in the washing machine and I am pretty sure there is still underwear sitting on the kid's bathroom floor. Letting the little things go has given me time to enjoy the special moments with the kids like........

Alexa verbally acting out how she thinks Nephi's brothers talk when they are complaining (rofl when she was doing it)

Watching Jonah talk to the dogs when he thinks no one is looking..."Rookie you have such big eyes and I love you, I love you, I love you" (in a high pitched voice)

Seeing Caleb excited to go to school each morning to be on Safety Patrol

These are the moments that light up my life and make every hard thing melt away! Letting the laundry go and the syrup on the floor stay allows me to cherish it all!

3 comments:

Katie said...

so true!

Brenna said...

Love this post. Love that the Lord has a plan for us... even if we don't see it coming! :)

Michelle said...

Welcome to motherhood! It took me a while to realize this very same thing! If you don't let some things go....you miss out on so much that you can't get back. Then when they are older and out of the house you can have a clean house again! :-) You are such a good mom to them!