Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daybreak users

Since I live in Daybreak I thought I would pass some info on to those of you that don't. There is going to be a final meeting next week to determine if "Daybreak ID cards" will be checked at all the outdoor facitilities.

Those of us that live in Daybreak pay a HUGE HOA every month that provides us with the use of the community center, our yards and sidewalks taken care of and a HUGE amount of it goes to the lake and parks. There has been a total uproar in the community as people have come from all over the valley to use our lake and beach. Often times it has been so busy we don't even stop to play. I even have a neighbor that has documented families unloading their children and a days worth of supplies to hang out at the beach.

I am totally one to share and I love having friends join us at the lake. But I will have to agree with many in the comminty who think it's getting a little out of control. When it gets to the point that our community feels like they can't use the facilities because they are too crowded it's time to do something about it. Just wanted those of you who use the facilities to be aware that you might get your ID checked in the near future. If you not a Daybreak memeber you may be asked to leave..pass the info on!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Linds...definitely keep me posted on what happens with this. Since we live so close to Daybreak, we love going to the parks, lake, and beach and would be so sad if we couldn't any more.

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

You get 'em Lindsay!
Hey, can't believe I missed a mini-mission reunion. Bummer. How was it?

Mary Lynne said...

I can see why everyone wants to be there...it's such a fun place! I hadn't been out there in a long time until we went to the Temple open house. I wanted to stop by to see you, but I figured you were at work (on a Wednesday morning). I'd be annoyed too if I was paying all that money for other people who don't pay to use it.

Lindsay said...

Marylynne...WEDNESDAY is my day off!!! Shoot!!!

Amber-Mission reunion was great. Let us know next time you are in town and we will have another one!

Meredith said...

Interesting.

Brian said...

I thought the lake was ownwed and maintained by the city, not the community, making it available to everyone. That's what I heard at least.