Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend project! www.allthingsthrifty.com

Found this little number at The DI for $10! Steve says he is sure his parents owned it in 1974! You know they do say one man's trash is another man's treasure. I feel like I really turned it in to a treasure in my eyes!

I didn't sand. Just sprayed on a base coat, a couple layers of spray paint and then added an antique glaze. I wanted the table to be higher. I found these legs at Lowes for only a few bucks each.


Then I added a glass round and put it in the spot that had been waiting for it!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

lovely!

Meredith said...

I think my Grandma had that table when I was growing up. You are very crafty! Looks cool.

Sally F said...

I shouldn't be surprised, cause you're so creative, but I'm amazed that you could see that monstrosity in D.I. and see its potential! I especially love the legs you added. And the handles. Great job!