Thursday, March 5, 2009

The littlest things can make your day!

Steve has been out of town since Monday. That means I have been working and taking care of the kids on my own all week. I don't want to whine...but really it is SO HARD doing it all on my own. Two full-time jobs. I have had every adventure possible while he was gone........

1. early morning staff meeting
2. walking report card with Jonah at school
3. Ballet with Alexa
4. Karate with all the kids
5. Caleb's broken glasses
6. Taking down the stair railing (the mudders requested it)
7. Putting up several pieces of drywall that Steve forgot...this mean cutting, measuring, and using a power drill. Good thing I paid attention the last month.
8. Cleaning the basement up...loads of dry wall to the garage, sweeping
9. And WORKING!

To say the least I was in melt down mode today. Am I a wimp????? I stayed home from work today to just breath. I am so thankful that my father-in-law called out of the blue and took me out to lunch. I needed a little spoiling and he is always so sweet to me!

It reminded me that it is the littlest things that help out. A neighbor informed me that she saw another neighbor picking my potted plants up that had blown over in the wind a few days ago. How nice is that. She had to walk out of her way to do that!!! Would I do that????

I am setting a goal to pay more attention to THE LITTLE THINGS that can make some one smile or give them a moment to exhale!

2 comments:

Sally F said...

I'm assuming the nice neighbor is different than the one that left dog poop on your door?!

You are NOT a wimp! I would be totally overwhelmed if I were you, too! Glad you took a breather day for yourself.

Kevin & Jennifer Sampson said...

I agree, you are NOT a wimp! I think it's totally normal to be overwhelmed. Good for you, taking the day off! You deserve it, you work hard! Much Love to you!