Monday, February 15, 2010

Will you be my Valentine???

We had the best Valentines day. I have been working long hours at work and working evenings. Steve and I didn't get to go out to celebrate Valentines on our own. So I made Valentines day a fabulous family day. Cupid came in the morning with fun presents for the kids. In the evening we surprised the kids with a little bistro in our own home. I served them just like we were out! They had salads first, the main course and then desert. They even had sparkling cider. We gave them each a Valentine card sharing with them how much we love them. Normally our dinners last 20 minutes and we are on to the the next thing. Our Valentines dinner lasted over an hour. It was soooo much fun and I know the kids will be talking about it for a long time. I couldn't have picked a better way to celebrate!

3 comments:

Tamie said...

you guys are so very cute! what a great way to incoroprate the kids into a mostly couples holiday....i think i might just use your idea next year :)

Zach, Jen, Elizabeth & Summer said...

That is such an awesome idea! And you did such a great job with everything. I may have to steal it...once my kid can actually sit at the table. ;)

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

So CUTE!!! You need Chelsea to make you a background! They are so FUN!!! Check us out at www.voigtsfamily.blogspot.com! Love ya girl!